School is starting, fall is here, temperatures will begin to drop, and flu season will be upon us before we know it. Are you and your family prepared? Ideal’s medical insurance covers flu shots and other recommended preventative immunizations at 100% before meeting your deductible. Look for easy and time-effective ways to get your flu shot with walk-in locations such as CVS Minute Clinics or at your local Walgreens or Rite Aid pharmacies. Always make sure the provider is in-network before receiving any preventative medical services.
Don’t forget about these other helpful ways to fight the flu:
- Support your immune system by eating a well-balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, exercising, and sleeping 7-8 hours every night.
- Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Avoid touching your face as it spreads germs to your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Reduce the spread of germs by coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow.
- Disinfect surfaces with germ-killing cleaning products.
- Don’t “wait and see” if you think you may be sick. Early flu treatment has been proven to reduce the length and severity of illness and the risk of contaminating others.